Saturday, September 09, 2017

Cotton cord sailor's knot bracelets...

Dug out some cotton cord from a storage tote, in a few different colors that I'd bought more than a couple of years ago.  Used some to make these sailor's knot bracelets, also called Nantucket sailor's bracelets, 3 lead 14 bight Turk's head knots, tripled.

There are plenty of tutorials on YouTube to look through, if you're inclined to give tying them a try.  And a basic diagram link that I've had in my blog's links list for years, although some folks might find it harder to follow than some of the video instructions.

I also tied a few sailor's cross knots with some of the cotton cord, added to keyrings with LED flashlights and P-38 can openers that went with a volunteer from my folk's church, that was headed to Texas with food and supplies and a boat to help with efforts there after Hurricane Harvey.

I'm still working on a few tying projects for the upcoming Schmuckatelli Co. giveaway and some new County Comm items I received, so stay tuned for those. ;)

I did get a replacement SD memory card for my digital camera, after the old one decided it couldn't go on.



As an Amazon affiliate I earn a small percentage of sales when folks go to amazon through my links and shop, and that helps pay the bills, so, 'Thanks!'.

Check out the VENOM and VENOM RED mochi drawstring backpacks with Stormdrane logo and stitched paracord handle.  I receive a percentage from the sale of each of those versions from Mochibrand.

No comments: