Thursday, March 05, 2015

My current EDC flashlight...

Trying out a new EDC flashlight that I bought, the Acebeam L10 Mini(1AA), and added some knot work to it.  I'd mentioned the light a couple of days ago on another of my blogs, "Nothing to see here, move along."

I tied a 5 lead 4 bight Turk's head knot to start (the gaucho knot in the video starts off that way).  Then raised/expanded that knot a couple of times, expanded into a 7x6 TH knot and then raised again with same method into a 9x8 TH knot, although I do it without the mule, that's still a good way to learn.  And then I worked in the gaucho interweave, carefully trying to keep the knot neat as I tightened it up, working the slack out.

I had started with a previously cut six foot long length of cord, which I was thinking I could get a couple of knots out of, and used about three and a half feet in the finished knot, leaving a scrap that I'm sure to find a pen or pencil to victimize with.  I may add a paracord lanyard to the light if I don't end up keeping it clipped on my keychain...


*Winter is winding down, so why not Spring for a new Limited Edition VENOM mochi by Stormdrane drawstring backpack. Like and Follow Mochibrand and check out their referral program! :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Master;
Why knot just make a 9x8 and then weave a gaucho into it?
And after you tighten it does it slip around or move?

Stormdrane said...

The knot is firmly in place once the knot has been fully tightened.

A bit of grip tape could go underneath where you tie the knot if you want extra security for the cord.