Sunday, November 16, 2014

Whiskey bottle neck knot work...

I used up some leftover strands of cord to tie a few Turk's head knots around a whiskey bottle and the few mini single serve bottles that came in a gift pack with it.

I had to untangle the strands from a growing pile of trimmings, where I tend to keep even pieces just a few inches long, to make zipper pulls and whatnot so they don't go to waste.

There's a 7 lead 6 bight knot, doubled, on the larger bottle, done with some twisted cotton catfish line that came from wallyworld a few years ago, but haven't seen it there in a while.  The 7 lead 6 bight knot is raised from a 5 lead 4 bight Turk's head knot, so if you need to see how to tie that one first, look at the beginning of this gaucho knot video. ;)

The minis all got 6 lead 5 bight knots, since I hadn't tied one in a while, having learned it from Stuart Grainger's 'Creative Ropecraft' several years ago.  Three of them were done with red, brown, and black 1.4mm cord, quadrupled, and the other was tied with tan 1.8mm cord, and just tripled, which came out as less bulky than the gutted paracord pieces I'd tried first...

The Bird Dog Blackberry Whiskey was alright.  I haven't tried the other flavors yet, and since I don't drink often, maybe next year, lol.  I had been looking for some 'spiced' whiskey at the local bottle shop, and they only had a couple, Fireball and Jack Daniel's, but I passed those up finally going with the Bird Dog.







And the mini single serve bottles or a flask of your favorite tasty beverage would fit nicely in a VENOM mochibag drawstring backpack. ;)


1 comment:

Tim said...

Very cool stuff. I got the perfect bottle of booze to try this on at the deer camp. Now I just gotta find enough time to make another trip up there!!