Monday, June 05, 2017

A two-strand lanyard knot variant...

Knot tying friend, Mabel Marble, shares a tutorial for tying a variant of a two-strand lanyard knot from 'The Ashley Book of Knots'.

Mabel was attempting knot #785 (extended crown and diamond), but like #784 (crown and diamond knot), there's said to be an error in the diagram instructions, which leads to a different result than the intended finished knot.  Mabel has dubbed this knot as #785A.

I tied the one shown in the post photos with some dark green paracord, directly onto my Kershaw Emerson pocket knife, adding a black oxide finish Kiko Tiki (God of Sarcasm) lanyard bead.






I left enough of a loop to put my little finger in for added retention when using the knife.  The bead can be slid up/down along the lanyard's loop for adjustment if needed, like keeping the cord from interfering with the Wave feature when pulling the knife quickly from the pocket for a quick deployment of the blade, instead of using the thumb disk.





As an Amazon affiliate I earn a small percentage of sales when folks go to amazon through my links and shop, and that helps pay the bills, so, 'Thanks!'.

Check out the VENOM and VENOM RED mochi drawstring backpacks with Stormdrane logo and stitched paracord handle.  I receive a percentage from the sale of each of those versions from Mochibrand.

1 comment:

Jay said...

Great guide. I think it's time for you to get a .com domain. That would look more professional