Sunday, August 27, 2017

Fidget Spinner Knot Work...

I bought a low budget fidget spinner and added a few Spanish ring knots to it with 0.9mm cord.

This being my first fidget spinner, I thought the bearings might get rusty quick with condensation from sweat in my pants pocket, so I added some Tuf Glide lubricant, that I use on my knives and tools, to the center metal parts/bearings, and unfortunately found that idea seriously reduced the spin time and speed that the spinner had when new out of the box.

*Note, that I used some Dawn dish washing liquid and hot water to try and clean up the lubricant I had applied to the bearing and the spinner now spins as it should.  I got a 2 minute 45 second timed spin out of it , which is considerably better than the sub 10 second run times after initially oiling the bearing. I know that there are spinners that advertise 8+ minute spins, but they cost more than the inexpensive version I bought.

There are a lot of folks that have been making  fidget spinners with paracord lately, using many different knotty designs, and the first example I remember seeing a while back was by knot tying friend, Benedict, on Facebook.  I may try tying one of those eventually.

I have an upcoming project(giveaway) with some cool beads that Schmuckatelli Co. recently sent to me.  And some knot work to do with a variety of neat items in a care package received from County Comm...


As an Amazon affiliate I earn a small percentage of sales when folks go to amazon through my links and shop, and that helps pay the bills, so, 'Thanks!'.

Check out the VENOM and VENOM RED mochi drawstring backpacks with Stormdrane logo and stitched paracord handle.  I receive a percentage from the sale of each of those versions from Mochibrand. 

No comments: