Friday, November 10, 2006

A short 'How to' video I made on making a round sinnet paracord lanyard/fob

I used two pieces of gutted paracord, one 30 inches of black reflective paracord and the other 25 inches of red paracord. This will allow about a 3 inch loop and a 2 inch body when finished. Note: The difference in the round sinnet and the square sinnet is just in the angle used when weaving. If you want a square sinnet, you'll have solid colors on each side of the finished lanyard/fob, just weave straight across instead of at an angle. You can also combine them by doing a few angled, a few straight, and so on. My camcorder battery died just as I was finishing up with the lighter. After trimming the ends, hit them with the lighter to quickly melt them, and give a quick press with your thumb so they attach to the surrounding cord and won't come loose. Be careful though, it's easy to get burned. And there's no narration(just heavy breathing if you turn up your volume), but I think you'll get the gist of it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What was the music you were playing during the turkshead, lanyard knot video? I loved it.

Stormdrane said...

The youtube audioswap music for the turks head lanyard video, is 'Amy' by Thinkstandard. If I know/remember the tunes I used with the videos, they're usually listed in the video info. ;)