Sunday, November 25, 2007

Eyeglass holder/leash/lanyard/tether


If you wear eyeglasses, reading glasses, or sunglasses and find yourself putting them on and taking them off often, eyeglass holders can come in handy. I know I've taken mine off and set them down, only to forget where, and then I can't see them to find 'em. I think these will help.

I made them with 1mm tan cotton cord on a homemade 3-peg knitting spool, finished length is about 30 inches.

 I got the eyeglass holder ends at a craft store, but they can easily be found online.  You can also make your own with rubber o-rings and a small beads or coiled wire, which is how the store bought ones are made...

And another done in a black/green Solomon bar,/Portuguese sinnet/cobra stitch.  They're a little stiff when you first tie them, but soften up over time with use.

4 comments:

jester02k said...

you can make a pair of eyeglass holder out of a couple of o-rings and ferrel's or small springs with the hooks cut off. trust me I have been wearing glasses since I was 14 cant tell you how many I have lost.

Anonymous said...

hey i was wondering how you make the lanyrds with the 3 peg spool thing. it kinda looks like finger weaving except with 3 but im going to make one of those spools and i want to know how to use it. if u could email me back that would be great! thanks bombdrop14@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

This looks GREAT!!! In fact, I showed off your posted picture to a friend of mine who "MUST HAVE IT"!!! Anyway, I'm gonna TRY and put one together for him (maybe using leather), but I've never used a 3-peg spool before. I guess I'm gonna have to find a tutorial and learn. I originally thought this was a 4-strand Crown Braid(?). Can you tell us how you finished off the ends with the holders? I assume you just fed them back in and tucked them, but I really can't tell, as you work is SO perfect. I'd sure appreciate it!!! Thanks in advance. Best Regards,
--Rob...drifter19632003@yahoo.com

SpunkysSD said...

I hope it is okay to ask if you sell the cloth lanyard eyeglasses holders. I've been trying to replace one and cannot find any. If okay please email me at SpunkysSD@aol.com......Thanks...