Monday, November 14, 2011

Loud Focus at Stake...

Loud, as in the slim and lightweight Vargo Titanium Emergency Whistle to add to my keychain or maybe my jacket as a zipper pull.  A Long 3 Bight turk's head knot is tied around it, with three passes of 0.9mm braided nylon cord.

The Focus is a 6" neck knife made by Meyerco, of a Dirk Pinkerton design, with a short gutted paracord 2 bight turk's head knot grip wrap.  I may add something to the sheath, but haven't decided yet since it would affect the use of the belt/pocket clip mounted on the backside of the Kydex sheath.  I probably should put some paracord over that ball chain too, since it feels cold around the neck this time of year, lol...


And the Titanium Vargo Ascent Tent Stake (ultralight) can also serve as a hollow fid for knot and rope work.  I tied a lengthened two strand diamond to secure a loop of tether cord, which makes it easy to pull the stake out of the ground.

This knot is seen in 'The Ashley Book of Knots' as #782, with the diagram on the bottom of page 140....

1 comment:

DJ Davis said...

Not a comment on this particular work but wanted to let you know I used the basic spool knitting technique I learned from your tutorial to make my own beanie. I have tons that I have bought but the two I have made are by far my favorites. I finished off the top with some half hitching I also learned from this site. Thanks for the inspiration. I love this Blog.