Wednesday, March 14, 2012

3 Pass Gaucho Knot on a flashlight...

I used 0.9mm braided nylon cord to tie a 3 pass Gaucho knot on this 4Sevens Quark Mini AA2 flashlight.

The knot offers a little decorative added grip when operating the twisty on/off switch one-handed, and the white makes it easy to see if dropped or set down on the ground.

I bought this light from GoingGear.com, choosing the 'neutral white' tint LED instead of the slightly higher output 'cool white' version, just because I like the color rendering better.  They have hundreds of different flashlights to choose from, and all kinds of other neat gadgets and gear too.

The small size of the two AA battery flashlight allows it to easily fit in my shirt pocket alongside a Zebra F-701 pen, Stainless Steel Sharpie marker, and a Rite in the Rain 3x5 notebook.

The sturdy pocket clip on the flashlight makes it a cinch to secure it to the paracord on my boonie hat for hands free use.

2 comments:

Dan said...

Very cool SD! I have the "tactical" version of the flashlight. I believe the inclusion of a clicky switch is the only thing that makes it tactical, but regardless it's a really nice light. I like the inclusion of the Gaucho knot. It looks cool and adds some additional functionality - can't beat that!

Anonymous said...

I'd really like to see a video of how to work some turk's head or goucho knots with the very thin cord on a flashlight, shard, or other...I find it much harder to tie with the really thin stuff after starting with paracord.