Monday, March 31, 2014

A Sunday in Georgia...

Had a visit yesterday from JD Lenzen of Tying It All Together and his lovely wife Kristen.  Good conversation was had on all kinds of topics, not just knots and paracord.  Should you chance to meet them, I think you'd find them intelligent, sharing, good people.

We exchanged a few ties, the ones I received shown in the photo, a couple of which JD recently shared on his YouTube channel, including the Icelandic Endless Falls (Paracord) Bracelet, the Para-Aramid Bar  (Paracord) Bracelet, and the Bolt Basket from Paracord Fusion Ties - Volume 2.

5 comments:

Mogyorósi Tamás said...

This was great!
I've started to check all the things you put up in here, got back to around year 2007 posts, but there is one kind of bracelet I can't find on the net up to date.
Could you please check this image and if you know this particular type? It looks close to Ladder Rack, but exactly the same...
Bracelet
Unfortunately so far it eludes me.

Keep up the good work please, your creations are very inspiring!

Stormdrane said...

It looks to be a basic woven pattern, but perhaps they have more core strands in the center and shape it raised that way as it's tied...

You may find something in this archive .

Russell said...

Thank you Stormdrane and thank you JD, you both are artists and have have been a great inspiration to me.
That was an awesome video. I have learned a lot from the both of you. You were spot on when you say you cannot remember every knot, but it is nice to have the reference to look it up again. Keep up the great work.

Unknown said...

Thank you both for your time you take to pass on the knowledge. As previous comments state, you both are an inspiration us all who knot tie. I personally look forward to many more years learning. Thank you Mr. Stormdrane & thank Mr. JD.

sharkbait said...

Awesome Stormdrane- I've been thinking for a while that I would love to get all you knot gurus together for an interview. Hopefully we'll get to see more meetings like this in the future.
I enjoyed seeing your workspace as well! I always imagined you had this huge elaborate organized work area!