Wednesday, August 21, 2019

Back in blisters...

I tied some crown sinnet paracord keyfobs/zipper pulls, round and square, with a wall knot halfway down for added grip.

I attached P-51 can openers and gave them to Pa to hand out when he's delivering food with the church food pantry and homeless ministry.

It was a bit difficult for my eyes to see the difference between the dark olive drab and black paracord, so I wore my headlamp to help me see better.  I can't recall the last time I tied a bunch of crown sinnets, one after another, but the repeated pulling the cord tight brought up a couple of blisters and cramped up my fingers for my trouble, lol...

I finished most of them by trimming the ends then melting with my wood burning tool, but I couldn't see what I was doing well at all, and that had me worried that I'd screw up the ends, burn myself, or both.  I don't think they came out too bad.

I did tie some more, using easier for me to see neon colors, and went with a crown/wall knot finish and short trimmed tassle ends.  I  have trouble with my depth perception as well, so I cannot get precise melting with my torch lighter like I used to.


The injections that I got in my eyes at the hospital eye clinic are supposed to keep the proliferative diabetic retinopathy and macular edema from getting worse, but I can't tell if there has been any difference so far.  More injections are required on a monthly schedule and there's the laser stuff that actually makes the peripheral vision worse in order to help preserve what central vision I have left.  I haven't had a migraine since getting my blood pressure back down to healthier levels, but thinking on all of my issues gives me a headache.


No comments: