Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Cutout Cross Shield Pendant with Sailors Cross Knot

I used some 0.9mm cord to tie a Sailor's Cross Knot around the cross of this cutout shield pendant.

The red color of the cord was a bit light after tying with it, so I touched it up with a red sharpie marker.

I replaced the ball chain necklace that came with the pendant with navy blue paracord.  Can't decide if I like the pendant better as an edc necklace or keychain fob...

For those that find tying the two bight cross to be fairly easy, might want to try a more challenging one from 'The Ashley Book of Knots", #1397.  Chris Benco made a tutorial for it that Vince Brennan shared on the Frayed Knot Arts website.  Enjoy!

I'm an Amazon affiliate, so 'Thank You!' to those that shop there through my links, since I receive a small commission from sales through those links posted in my blog.

If you need an edc backpack, check out the limited edition VENOM and VENOM RED mochi drawstring backpacks with Stormdrane logo, which I receive a percentage of sales from, each having a stiched paracord handle that I worked with Mochibrand on for the design.
 Stormdrane x Mochibrand Drawstring Backpack Venom


Lane M said...

What's the skeleton tool on your keyring in the photo?

Stormdrane said...

It's a one-piece
multitool skull prybar/bottle opener/screwdriver/wrench. The one in the photo is a titanium version, but there are also less expensive steel ones available.