Thursday, March 22, 2007

Snake Knot Paracord Bracelet


I made this paracord bracelet in olive drab using the snake knot with a loop and lanyard knot to secure it. It uses about one foot of paracord for each inch of bracelet length. It takes longer to make as there are about five snake knots per inch, compared to cobra stitches only using a couple of knots per inch.

A side release buckle will also probably work, but I think I'd use a smaller 3/8" size, looping onto one end, make the snake knots, then loop thru the other end and make a lanyard knot or cobra stitch and trim/melt the ends.

Here's another one done in two colors, navy blue and orange paracord with a knot and loop closure.

6 comments:

Fábio Bertoldi said...

I think the photo needs some correction.
I'm curious to see it.

You do a great job. Congratulations.

Stormdrane said...

That's odd, the photo has disappeared. It's happened before, some kind of problem on the server I guess, since the photos are uploaded to it. I've put it back up and it seems to be ok now.

Anonymous said...

Could you maybe tell me how to make the "lanyard knot" seen here, or the knot you used in teh blue and orange one. I have no problem making the bracelet with the snake knot, but when I am done I have two pieces of cord that I need to make a "ball" type knot out of to secure it and I can't seem to find one anywhere. Thanks, and great work.

Stormdrane said...

Lanyard knot link.

Anonymous said...

I'm curious as to how you use two colors and start with a loop at one end. The lanyard knot part I get.

Very nice work BTW.

Stormdrane said...

I attach two colors of cord by melting or sewing them together. I then make a small loop with one of the colors and start the snake knot. The point where the two colors are attached will be covered up by the first snake knot. All the knots from there will be in both colors.