Friday, January 01, 2016

Happy New Year!

I received a cool piece of work from 'saxman' during the recent Knot Everything forums Winter 2015 Gift Exchange.

Inside the large box that arrived was a Fiskars hatchet with a paracord 52 part casa knot(long Turk's head) and braided wrist strap with gaucho knots.

He also made the scabbard, to protect the very sharp blade of the hatchet, produced from a section of PVC pipe, another neat piece of handmade ingenuity.

An excellent knot work job and a great specimen of modified gear.  He also sent along some horseshoe nail crosses that he made, cut and soldered together, so that I could add some knot work to those as well.  Thanks, Scott!


For my gift exchange recipient, covertknots, I chose to tie a pineapple knot paracord handle wrap on a boot knife, using midnight blue and white (glow-in-the-dark) gutted paracord.

And I also tied gaucho and pineapple knots with 0.9 mm white and black braided nylon cord around the center section of an antique brass finish key shaped bottle opener for EDC keyring/keychain use.



Only a few folks have posted what they received so far from the gift exchange on the forums, and I'm looking forward to seeing the work that was done as it's added to the thread.  

There are some very talented and knowledgeable knot tyers there and some do a good bit of more advanced work that's cool to see, and many are glad to help if you're interested to learn, so do check the forums out and join if you're so inclined. ;)

Yesterday morning FedEx left a surprise package on the doorstep, a new signed copy from JD of his latest book, Leather Corded Fusion Knots:  Knotted, Braided & Sinneted Bracelets, Necklaces & Pendants




I'm an Amazon and ShareASale Affiliate, so I receive a small commission from the sale of items linked to the Amazon site from my blog. I also partner with Mochibrand for the Limited Edition VENOM drawstring backpacks with Stormdrane logo, so I get paid a small portion from the sale of those backpacks as well. Buy something, please and thank you! :)

No comments: