Monday, December 31, 2018

Parmesan Paracord Storage

This December 31st evening we're finishing out 2018.  I hope everyone has a safe and Happy New Year!

I get the occasional question of how I store my cordage.  I don't have a specific workspace/workshop, so my paracord and other cordage gets stored in a couple of storage totes, backpack, and a duffle bag at home, and I dig out what I need when I'm in a tying mood.

The cord usually stays in its original packaging until I decide to start using it, and once opened, I store it in a number of various ways, one such including recycled containers like the titled 'parmesan' cheese shakers.

I have 60+ feet of a leftover paracord hank in one receptacle, and a couple of 100 foot hanks of Type I/95 paracord kept in another.  I usually figure eight coil the cord in hand (between thumb and pinkie finger on one hand) and then place it inside the jar, so it will feed out neatly and untangled by the strand end through the lid, or I can just unscrew the top and take the whole hank out.















No comments: