Wednesday, June 12, 2019

The Gear Spool

One of the items I recently was sent to try out was a prototype for The Gear Spool (Kickstarter link). A neat piece of gear to store a variety of edc (everyday carry) string, cord, wire, or tape to keep on your keychain, as a zipper pull, in a survival pouch, or toolbox.

One spool I received already had some small diameter string coiled up on it and the other spool was left empty. I put about three and a half feet of gaffer's tape on it and also tried it out with some 1.4mm cord and put over thirteen feet of that stored up om the spool.  That's enough for a knotting project or other task that might pop up requiring a need for some strong string/cord/tape.

The amount you can get on there will vary depending on the diameter/thickness of what you're spooling and how neat and tightly you put it on. 



1 comment:

Unknown said...

I hope you are getting better sor I enjoy your blog