Wednesday, July 31, 2019

Last night's paracord lanyard attempts...

I tried tying a few different lanyard knots last night, up in my room during a passing thunderstorm.  The ceiling light isn't bright enough for me with my vision problems, so I had a small flashlight, held in my mouth, pointed at the paracord as I worked.

It took me way longer than it should have, but I kept at it until I was tired and needed to lie down.

The knots were just two strand variations, and I believe they're shown in 'The Ashley Book of Knots', but I can't recall if any of these are the ones that are 'wrong' in the book.  There are a number of different howto videos on YouTube showing how to tie them.

The knife shown in the edc pocket dump photo is just a sailor's type that I bought years ago to practice some filework on the blade spine, the light is a JetBeam, and the pen is a stainless steel Sharpie marker.


No comments: