Tuesday, September 08, 2020

EDC shoot, shine, and sharpen...

I tied a two-strand wall knot sinnet (snake knot) paracord lanyard/fob to my CRKT Hammond Cruiser pocket knife, and added a Schmuckatelli Co. Sabertooth skull bead in black oxide finish to the end of it.

Dug my Streamlight TwinTask flashlight out of a gadget drawer for some pocket time and got the Lansky sharpener ready to do some touch up work on some knives.  

It's been a while since I've pulled the trigger on a shotgun, but I remember the 3" double aught magnum shells did have a kick to 'em...


1 comment:

m101ic3 said...

You ever make a shotgun shell bead? I thought you did once, but I can't seem to find any reference of it at all. I thought there was a turks head on it, but I don't recall. Anyways, I'm making one. We have a local skeet shooting range here, and got a free bag of 100+ Winchester shells. First I remove the primers with a screwdriver to form the hole for the lanyard. I separate the plastic case on one by heating for 30 seconds over the gas range and trim the second shells plastic to about a quarter of a inch. I sand that edge smooth and bend inwards to slide the prior metal casing onto that. There is my bead. I need to get some 95/micro/nano cord to do a turks head or similar decorative knot to rest in between the edges. The result should be a pretty decent looking bead, and almost free to boot!