Monday, July 16, 2007

Monkey Fist/Snake Knot Key Ring Fob

I made some of these a couple months back and found this one on the floor under the bed this morning. I make so many variations of things but only post a fraction of what I make on this blog. It's a simple one if you can make the monkey fist.

I used about 5 feet of paracord, first making a monkey fist around a small marble. Then making sure the two strands coming from the fist were equal in length, I looped them around the key ring about 2.5 inches from the fist and made the snake knot back towards the fist around the two strands coming from the monkey fist, and trimmed/melted the ends at the base of the fist.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't understand how you do the loop with the ring and do a reverse snake knot to the base back over itself. Can you explain further?

Stormdrane said...

I added a post to the blog showing this method with a "Snake knot wrist lanyard". I've received a lot of requests for help on how that's done, so I may eventually try to set aside some time and make tutorial with decent photos showing it, but for now , I think the ones I put up will do.

Kagemonsteret said...

Your very good at what you do. This one looks super:)

Anonymous said...

OMG DUDE!!! You are the freaking king! Master of parachute cord! lol No dude, but for real. I love you're work, i do stuf as well. Not near as much as you though. :) Anyway, i don't understand how to do the bottom ones in this picture. Can you please help me?

http://bp2.blogger.com/_OKPVYdrG0jE/R4f598-W26I/AAAAAAAAAO8/Bl8pm98pUi0/s1600-h/P7190118_Small.JPG

It would be greatly appreciated!

P.S. My E-Mail is Knuckles3000@cox.net

~ ♠Colby♠ ~