Tuesday, June 23, 2020

Back to spool knitting...

It's been a while since I'd made a spool knit lanyard, using type I/#95 paracord (navy blue). 

It was more difficult than it used to be, especially finishing the ends with the smaller diameter cord and my vision problems (legally blind)..

I did the lanyard knot and loop at one end, and still had cord left, so went over that with a doubled 5 lead 4 night Turk's head knot which didn't look right to me after tightening, so I continued over that with a herringbone knot.

Most of that was done under my magnifying floor lamp and my patience was wearing thin, lol, so the other end of the lanyard got a simpler treatment attaching to the swivel snap hook... 


Knife shown is a Victorinox Mountaineer with orange g10 scales that I bought from Swissbianco.  The edc flashlight is a JetBeam Jet-1 MK.  Timex Expeditition watch on a black nylon zulu band with a luminous Suunto Clipper compass (because even though I'm legally blind I still have some ocd need to know which direction I'm facing as I sit in a doctor's office waiting room, lol)...