Friday, June 19, 2020

New scales..

I bought some orange g10 scales, from Swissbianco, to replace the old worn original cellidor ones on my 91mm Victorinox Mountaineer Swiss Army Knife.  I also received a new set of his ribbed light green alox plus scales, that have a place for a straight pin and a slot for the ink pen in addition to the toothpick and tweezer slots.

I tied a couple of herringbone knot fobs to attach to the pocket knives, one in neon green and the other in neon orange paracord.

When the new scales arrived in the mail I was a bit impatient about about installing them and used the first adhesive that I had handy, being a Gorilla Glue.

But, after clamping and waiting for the glue to fully cure (24 hours for each scale - doing one side at a time) I found the 'flexible' nature of the Gorilla Glue meant that I could peel the new scales right off the knives using just my fingernail, oh noes, lol.

So, I ordered some J-B Weld epoxy, that Roger mentions for best results in his video, and used that for attaching the new scales on both knives, after cleaning/peeling off the failed Gorrila Glue adventure...